The West Gulf Division is sponsoring a contest for the best QSL cards in the West Gulf!!!
Starts: January 1, 2012
Ends: April 30, 2012
Prizes will be award to the first place winner in each of three categories and a Grand Prize will be awarded to the best of the three category winners.
The three categories are:
- Most Humorous
- Best Graphic Design
- Best Photo Card
Each category winner will receive a Dual Band HT. The Grand Prize winner will receive a MFJ Antenna Analyzer.
The rules are as follows:
- Only amateurs whose QTH is in the West Gulf Division – Texas or Oklahoma – are eligible to enter.
- An actual QSL card must be submitted – photo copies are not allowed.
- Only one QSL card per category may be entered.
- Each entry must be accompanied by an entry form with all required information filled out. See below.
- A card, or the same card, may be entered in each of the categories, but each entry must include the actual QSL card and a completed entry form.
- Each entry form must designate which category the card is being entered and must provide the entrant’s full name, call sign, physical address, telephone number and email address. (see entry form below)
- If an entry form does not designate the category, the entry will not be judged.
- If an entry form does not contain the required information, the entry will not be judged.
- The maximum number of entries is three – one card per category.
- You may win in only one category.
- The decisions of the judges are final.
- The prizes will be awarded at the West Gulf Division forum at HamCom in Plano, Texas in June 2011.
All category entries will be judged by a team of five judges. Each of the four Section Managers has appointed a judge and the West Gulf Division has appointed one judge. The judges will declare a winner in each category. No cards will be returned.
The three category winners will be announced in early May and the three category winning cards will be posted on the West Gulf Division website.
All Division resident amateurs will be invited to vote for the grand prize winner using an internet voting website. One vote per Division resident call sign.
Instructions on how to vote for the Grand Prize winner will be listed on the West Gulf Division website and distributed via the West Gulf Division Newsletter.
Entries may be mailed to:
David Woolweaver, K5RAV
West Gulf Division QSL Contest
PO Box 531605
Harlingen, TX 78553
Entries may also be hand delivered to the ARRL Booth or a West Gulf representative at the following hamfests/conventions:
01/14/2012 San Antonio Amateur Radio Fiesta
Location: Schertz, TX
Sponsor: San Antonio Radio Club
01/20/2012 North Texas Section Convention (Cowtown Hamfest)
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Sponsor: Lockheed Martin Amateur Radio Club
02/25/2010 Orange Hamfest
Location: Orange, TX
Sponsor: Orange ARC and Jefferson County ARC
02/25/2012 Williamson County ARC Hamfest
Location: Georgetown, TX
Sponsor: Williamson County ARC
03/03/2012 Elk City Hamfest
Location: Elk City, OK
Sponsor: West Central Amateur Radio Club
03/03/2010 South Texas Section Convention (Greater Houston Hamfest)
Location: Rosenberg, TX
Sponsor: Brazos Valley ARC (BVARC)
03/09/2012 Oklahoma State Convention (Green Country Hamfest)
Location: Claremore, OK
Sponsor: Green Country Hamfest, Inc.
03/10/2012 10th Annual IARC Hamfest
Location: Irving, TX
Sponsor: Irving Amateur Radio Club
03/17/2012 West Texas Section Convention (57th Annual St. Patrick’s Day Hamfest)
Location: Midland, TX
Sponsor: Midland Amateur Radio Club
03/24/2012 ARC of Parker County Hamfest
Location: Weatherford, TX
Sponsor: Amateur Radio Club of Parker County
04/14/2012 Belton HamEXPO
Location: Belton, TX
Sponsor: Temple Amateur Radio Club
LET THE FUN BEGIN!